Thursday 30 December 2010

BA for Christmas

So the appartment is amazing... just perfect. Flo and I made ourselves at home very quickly and spent most of the day just chilling out. We had a lovely supper with Alice's ex boyfriend Alejo. I just need to explain that Al lived here in BA 5years ago for a year, so knows the city and its people well. It was a very pleasent evening and I learnt a bit about Eva Peron and Argentine politics - I am afraid to say I havent been all that good at getting much history/politics in any of the countries we have been to, so I went to bed feeling satisfied that I had learnt something new. Unfortunately - as per usual - I can't remember what exactly I had learnt other than Eva Peron was a radio actress who married the president. But thats enough!

The next day we made our way to the graveyard where my new BFF Eva was buried, along with many other rich Argentine families. This has got to be the coolest (in a rather sadistic sort of way) graveyard I have been to. They have the most ridiculous tombs built for the various families and one of them looked like a mini Canterbury Cathedral. Crazy. The only thing is, its too bloody hot to do anything and just hanging out in the cemetry made us all feel lethargic and in need of a lie down. Instead of lying down we made our way to Al's friend Carisa's house so I could meet her and her husband and cute little boy and for Flo to see them again after a few years. They were just lovely.

Then we realised that we had invited people over for supper tomorrow night for Christmas - as here they celebrate it on Christmas Eve - and hastily made our way to the too-busy-for-my-liking jumbo supermarket. Here we manically ran around picking out the bits and bobs that I needed to make for the lasagne. Finally got home to find that the cooking equipment in the appartment wasn't exactly sufficient and I started to panic! The pan wasnt even the size of my head but I managed to make two lasagnes (one of which I burnt... bugger).

The boys that we had met in Colombia: Dean, Geoff and George came about 8ish with two of their friends Cazz and Nick. We all had a fun dinner with games and then made our way to their hostel at 2am, where the bus was picking us up to take us to Pacha - where we would be dancing the night away. It was an amazing club and we had a great time. The best Christmas morning ever - dancing on the roof watching the sunrise - awesome. We didnt get to bed till 11am.

We then spent the day recovering and then up at 6am on Boxing Day morning to make out way to Punta Del Este in Uruguay for some beach time... yehaa!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are had a whale of a Christmas - it was good to speak to you xxxxx

    HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you stop still for a moment. Wondering what you did for New Year.

    Lots of love xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really are doing great. I hope that you begin to find that some of the histories of the places you are visiting are worth learning more about as that will add a really great additional dimension to the experience. The very happiest and prosperous of New Years from your loving Grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you all too! I promise that I will try and get more into the histories, but its difficult when you are mving around all the time so quickly. Half the time I forget where I am... but I am learning a lot and it is all fascinating! Lots of Love xxx

    ReplyDelete