Tuesday 11 January 2011

BA Continued...

I know there is a serious lack of enthusiasm going on here with the old blog writing but I will try and get back into it... Flo is leaving in a few days so i'll be riding solo and will have plenty of time on my hands!

So New Years Eve day I started to get a bit of cabin fever so Flo and I headed on out to a place called La Boca, about 30mins away from Palermo (where we had the apt). This is one of the hottest tourist spots we have been to so far I reckon. It was really cool, brightly coloured buildings and lots of tango going on. To be honest after we had wandered around and had some lunch there wasn't much else to do. However I am really glad I saw it and we had fun.

Then we came back and got ready to make our way to Brian and Corisa's for supper, where we were joined by Carlin - Corisa's brother. They have a really lovely apt in Recoletta where we had a scrummy supper and played lots of games. We taught them the celeb game, which went down VERY well... just before midnight Corisa popped the Champagne and took us girls to her (amazing) closet "as it is essential to be wearing heels to see the New Year in" so we each chose a crazy pair of heels (of which she has many) and trotted off to the rooftop to see the New Year in with lots of fireworks. Flo happened to pick the HIGHEST pair in the world and she fell backwards still holding up her glass of champange... she didnt spill a drop - perfect!

We continued to play games and then Carlin, Flo, Al and I made our way out to find a club to partay the night away. We were successful, it was a pretty random club but we had a hoot and made our way back to Corisa's about 6ish (normal for Arg!).

Awoken with the WORST hangover ever... Corisa invited us to stay for lunch as they had friends coming over. However we only had the clothes we had from the night before, so Corisa lent us all an outfit. There I was prancing around this amazing apt with a beige Ralph Lauren knee length skirt with a matching belt and white tshirt. I have never looked so smart and felt so terrible in my life.

Flo and I managed to sneak out of lunch and make our way to the apple TV where we found a whole season of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (a progamme I managed to fall in love with in AZ). Perfect. We just lay on the bed and watched that all day. In the mean time Corisa's friends had been and returned to play the Celeb Game!! Oh great... so another manic night of games and drink and late night. All in all a really good New Year though... loved it.

On the 2nd it was back to the apt to pack it up as we had to be out by 11am. That night we went out for dinner with Carlin and to the Cinema to watch Due Date which we found hilarious.

I really enjoyed our time in BA, it was like being at home. As you can probably tell. All in all we did SOME touristy things, la boca, the gypsy market and we spent our final day in San Telmo.

On the 4th we made our way on a 22hr bus to a place in Patagonia called Bariloche...

3 comments:

  1. Great New Year by the sound of it. Can't wait to hear about Payagonia, which I have always been told is quite out of this world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Grandpa! Thank you for your comments. I receieved your christmas pressie - THANK YOU very much! It will prove very useful I am sure :)
    Please send my love to Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry that was me! I was on Alices comp xxx

    ReplyDelete