Tuesday 25 January 2011

I made it alive...

I think I've over done the cliffhanger wait but it's so hot here I can't be bothered to do anything even typing is a mission.

So basically my flight was the worst imaginable. It was an hour and a half plane ride and the second half was the most horrific turbulence ever. My bum came out the seat every 5 mins!!! People were screaming, vomiting, crying and praying. There was a time where the plane was on it's side for what seemed like 5 mins and all I could see was water. I even got the emergency menu out as I was definite we were going to land on the water.  People were shouting in Spanish and Portuguese and I was like WHAT'S GOING ON?!? 

It's really hard to explain what it was like and I'm not sure people understand until it happens to you but I genuinely thought I was going to die. It was horrific.

The first attempt at landing took 30mins longer than it was meant too but the conditions were so bad the pilot couldn't land the plane. So we had to land in an airport out of town. Once we landed most people just broke down. I was fighting back the tears waiting for the first moment I could call dad when the pilot said that the airport we had landed at weren't prepared to let us off and we were going to have to fly back?!? Nooooo way... Everyone freaked out and I just burst into tears. It was awful awful awful. 

It was that haunting that i was planning on how I'd get back from SA by bus!! And the other day I had to book a flight to Recife where I'm meeting Katie and I broke out in a cold sweat! I can officially say I'm now a nervous flyer. 

But I'm safe and sound in BA!! 

1 comment:

  1. you scared the pants off me with that cliffhanger
    still luckily you cant see my bum hanging out! xxxx

    ReplyDelete